This recipe comes from the kitchen of Shari Leard, step-mom and Nourishing Camie cheerleader. Thanks, Shar!
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Dried oregano
¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
½ each green & red pepper, chopped
¾ cup turkey or chicken broth
1 can white kidney beans, drained & rinsed
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use lite)
½ cup low fat sour cream
2 tbsp. Parsley (fresh or if you use dried a tad less!)
- Heat oil in large non-stick fry pan or saucepan.
- Add turkey, onion and garlic.
- Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add dry seasonings and mix well.
- Add green & red peppers and broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add beans, cheese, sour cream, & parsley.
- Heat through, stirring to combine.
Serves 4. 281 calories per serving.
Turkey Tip: For chunkier chili, substitute ground turkey with boneless turkey breast slices, cut into small pieces.
23 g protein
13 g fat
20 g carbohydrates