The Catholics amongst you may be tempted to head to confession after eating this deluxe baked potato. It’s that good. And filling. And under 400 calories. Deal with the devil? Naw, just good old fashioned substituting vegetarian and low-fat versions to keep the calories down and the flavour up!
1 large potato
1 cup frozen broccoli florets
1 can vegetarian chili
1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
¼ cup low-fat sour cream
Chives or green onion for garnish
- Wash potato, prick it 2 or 3 times with a knife, and microwave for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Heat broccoli and chili in a microwave or on stovetop.
- Cut cooked potato in half lengthwise (don’t burn your fingers…like I did)
- Top cooked potato with warm chili and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spoon on sour cream.
- Top with chives/green onion.
Serves 2: 346 calories per serving