The ladies love their white wine and the sauce in this recipe is more wine than sauce, but it was tasty nonetheless, so I include here for your cooking pleasure. Please remember to cook safely: don’t drink and dice.
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (HALVES! I didn’t read this right the first time)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (if you prefer your chicken sober, cut the wine and add another 1/4 cup broth)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add wine, broth, and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus; cover and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and juice.
- Serve asparagus and sauce with chicken.
Serves 4: 289 calories per serving
One thought on “Lady-Drunk Chicken and Asparagus”
I love the safety warning- I have had a few scares drinking and dicing before!